Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Scottish Clans

      I am trying to find out if I can join a scottish clan or not, even though I have no idea if any of my blood has come from Scotland.

      It's probable that I have some scottish blood in me, my Dad's family came from Northern Europe countries but the problem is I don't know which clan would be mine, how I could join it, or even if I can. I'm an American and therefore I can't really claim any one nationality because I was raised eating sausages and pizza in the same meal, two nationalities that are no where near each other but mixed together in American society. I wish I could claim to be scottish, that I could eat haggis without puking, and dance the fast songs without tripping over my feet but I can't say any of that.

      All my life I've wanted to go to Scotland or Ireland (though Ireland sounds more fun in the sense of stories, Scotland has a lot more history and places to see though someone could argue it is the opposite way around.) This entire thing has been brought on because I am going to Scotland for slightly more than a week this summer and I really want to be able to claim that I do, in some small way, belong there more than a common tourist. But because I'm shy about asking for things in person, I'm writing this now is hopes that one of the people who glance at my blog while they browse can comment and answer my question.

Irish Princess
      (in my dreams)
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment